Omni Powers MERCY Malaysia's Covid-19 Support Hotline
MERCY Malaysia or Medical Relief Society Malaysia is a non-profit organisation focusing on providing medical relief, sustainable health-related development, and risk reduction activities for vulnerable communities in both crisis and non-crisis situations. During the Movement Control Order, they've set up a dedicated hotline, powered by Digi’s virtual business system, Omni Hotline, to provide counselling to those requiring assistance during these unprecedented times.
The company struggled with these major pain points
- Remote-based team The MCO forced most of the workforce to work from their homes together with the fact that volunteers and counsellors are located at various locations across Malaysia.
- No experience in operating a hotline With hundreds of callers in need of their assistance, MERCY Malaysia had to leverage digital tools to help run their operations.
Omni came in with a whole suite of solutions
- Fully Mobile Omni Hotline enabled them to take the calls via the Omni app on their smartphones from wherever they are, yet maintain an official landline number for the public to dial, instead of the volunteers’ personal mobile numbers.
- Set Business Hours As the support hotline operates daily from 8AM to 5PM, setting business hours on the hotline allows callers to be redirected to voicemail when outside business hours so that the volunteers would never miss a call even after their shift ends, and could also refer to the itemised call logs on the app’s dashboard to make callbacks the next day.
- Department Extensions As MERCY Malaysia previously had multiple numbers, being able to cluster multiple numbers under a single point of contact helps the public to reach the hotline in a more convenient way.
- Scalable Solution The psychosocial hotline powered by Omni Hotline has received over 1,500 calls and recorded over 40,000 minutes with queries ranging from seeking help with mental health related issues to getting access to food and medical aid.
In The End
MERCY Malaysia was equipped to launch their mental health hotline almost immediately with Omni Hotline as a handy digital tool to help them organise their operations efficiently so that the team can focus fully on ensuring everyone who needs counselling and support are cared for. The flexibility of Omni Hotline also allows MERCY Malaysia to downscale or upscale their operations on-demand, which is crucial for SMEs in any industry.